WisdomTree begun trading the WisdomTree Japan Hedged Dividend Growth Fund (NYSEArca: JHDG) on Thursday, April 9, 2015.
Here is a synopsis of the new ETF:
|Symbol: JHDG||Exchange: NYSE Arca|
|Name: WisdomTree Japan Hedged Dividend Growth Fund||Net Expense Ratio: 0.43%|
The WisdomTree Japan Hedged Dividend Growth Fund seeks to track the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the WisdomTree Japan Hedged Dividend Growth Index.
The Fund will typically invest at least 80% of its total assets in the securities included in its underlying Index and investments that have economic characteristics that are substantially identical to the economic characteristics of such component securities.
The WisdomTree Japan Hedged Dividend Growth Index is designed to provide exposure to dividend paying common stocks of Japanese companies with growth characteristics while at the same time neutralizing exposure to fluctuations of the value of the Japanese yen relative to the U.S. dollar. The Index is a dividend weighted index that consists of the 300 companies incorporated in Japan that list their shares on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, meet the Index eligibility criteria, and have the best combined rank of certain growth and quality factors: long-term earnings growth expectations, return on equity, and return on assets.
To be eligible for inclusion in the Index, a company must meet the following criteria:
- payment of at least $5 m in cash dividends on common shares in the annual cycle prior to the annual Index screening date,
- have a market capitalization of at least $1 bn as of the Index screening date,
- have an average daily dollar volume of at least $100,000 for each of the three months preceding the Index screening date,
- have a calculated volume factor (the average daily dollar volume for three months preceding the Index screening date divided by the weight of the security in the Index) that is greater than $200 m, and
- have trading of at least 250,000 shares per month for each of the 6 months preceding the Index screening date.
Securities are weighted in the Index based on dividends paid over the prior annual cycle. Companies that pay a greater total dollar amount of dividends are more heavily weighted. At the time of the Index’s annual screening date, the maximum weight of any security in the Index is capped at 5% and the maximum weight of any one sector in the Index is capped at 25%, subject to a volume factor adjustment. The Index applies an applicable published one-month currency forward rate to the total equity exposure to Japan to hedge against fluctuations in the relative value of
the Japanese yen against the U.S. dollar.
ETF Top Components (04/15/15):
|NTT DoCoMo Inc||5.77%|
|Nippon Telegraph & Telephone||5.31%|
|Toyota Motor Corp||4.33%|
|Japan Tobacco Inc||4.28%|
|Nissan Motor Co||2.38%|
|Honda Motor Co||2.34%|
|Astellas Pharma Inc||1.82%|
Industry Group Breakdown (04/15/15):
JHDG Home Page